Hirt's Superba Robusta Snake Plant - Sanseveria - Impossible to kill! - 4" Pot Home & Kitchen Features product by Hirt's
Sansevierias or as they are commonly called Snake Plants or Mother-in-law's Tongue have a rich history of folklore and new science. These plants have a rich history of cultivation. In China, it was kept as a treasured houseplant because the Eight Gods bestowed their eight virtues on those who grew them. These virtues include long life, prosperity, intelligence, beauty, art, poetry, health and strength. The plants were kept near the entrances inside the home so that the eight virtues could pass through in a manner pre-Feng Shui. These plants also were placed in fine restaurants, herbalists, acupuncturists, doctor's offices, accountant's offices, banks, shrines, monastaries, and even in rice paddies. Sansevierias were grown and cherished well before the Chinese ti plant (Dracaena spp.) also known as the Good Luck Bamboo! The sansevieria is also referred to as a dragon for its many unique qualities. As with many Asian martial arts techniques, the strength comes from within. The sansevieria has been known to split large earthen pots upon reaching larger sizes. The Chinese have usually kept this plant potted in a pot within a ceramic pot often ornated with dragons and phoenixes. The attraction of this plant towards dragons is said to be magnetic. An interesting research program has been done by NASA using a few selected plants (one is Sansevieria) for air purification and to curb "Sick Building Syndrome." Growing the Snake Plant is easy. It will thrive in very bright light to almost dark corners of the house. Just water when the soil is dry.
- SNAKE PLANT - also known as ''Mother-in-law-tounge'' one of the toughest house plant, can stand in any conditions from dark to bright. In China, it is believed to be the plant where the Eight Gods bestowed their eight virtues to those who grew them. Snake Plant can help in air purification and usually placed near the entrance of the house or in restaurants following the manner of fengShui. Adaptable and easy to care plant. All-time favourite as an indoor plant and is one of the best houseplants
- GROWING A SNAKE PLANT - growing a snake plant doesn't required much attention like other plants, it's growth is still developing either you placed it to a dark or bright area. Snake Plant being one of the though plant doesn't mean that it won't be needing water anymore, like other plants Snake Plant requires an exact amount of water when the soil is dry and don't do over watering because it can cause the plant to die
- PRUNING - In maintaining the height of your Snake Plant in your preference, you can cut the individual leaves which you think is too tall or longer. This won't affect the growth of your Snake Plant because the short ones will keep growing and preserve the character of the plant. If you want to develop more Snake Plant you can use the prune leaves and put it on an another pot
- Hirt's Superba Robusta Snake Plant - Sanseveria that you will be receiving in your purchase is potted in a 4'' pot
- Proudly HomeGrown by Hirt's Garden
- Golden Devil's Ivy - Pothos - Epipremnum - 4" Pot - Very Easy ..
- Heart Leaf Philodendron - Easiest House Plant to Grow - 4" Pot - ..
- Victorian Parlor Palm 2 Plants - Chamaedorea - Indestructable - 3" Pots
- Hirt's Victorian Parlor Palm - Chamaedorea - 4" Pot - Live Plant
- Hirt's Peace Lily Plant - Spathyphyllium - Great House Plant - 6" Pot
- 3 Different Aloe Plants - Easy to grow/Hard to Kill! - 3" Pots
- Shop Succulents Jade Plant - Crassula Ovata - Easy To Grow - 4" ..
- Hirt's Reverse Variegated Spider Plant - Easy to Grow - Cleans the ..
- Ocean Spider Plant - 4" Clay Pot for Better Growth - Cleans the ..
- Marble Queen Devil's Ivy - Pothos - Epipremnum - 4" Pot - Easy ..
- Cabinet Design For Small Kitchen
- Kitchen Designs For Small Galley Kitchens
- Black Iron Table Legs
- Klippan Sofa Cover
- Shared Girl Bedroom
- Cabinets Custom
- Outdoor Trash Cans With Wheels
- Queen Bed Headboard And Frame
- Floor Tile Ideas
- Wood Flooring Costs
- Baby Boy Bedroom Ideas
- How To Make A Curtain Rod
- Garden Ideas Uk
- Cherry Kitchen Cabinet
- Bulk Tissue Paper Wholesale
- Must Have Fashions
- Flowers That Climb Trellis
- Trundle Bed For Kids
- Sateen Bedding Sets
- Jacksons Home And Garden